Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy New Year! (Well, soon, I hope)


I decided to hibernate for the winter. Because it is truly, truly awful here. There is snow EVERYWHERE and my nose hairs freeze as soon as I go outside. I can't walk anywhere... the sidewalks are all ice and punctuated by 4 foot snowbanks that I have to CLIMB over. Literal- fucking-HOISTING of my person.

In order to make it all bearable,I had decided to cocoon myself until the snow melts. My life has been down right ascetic since Thanksgiving: strict budgeting, nose-to-the-grindstone working, healthful eating, cleaning, circadian-rhythm keeping.

I haven't been to a bar in 3 months. I've taken up knitting. I make lists. I dust. I save.

Well, okay, maybe "ascetic" is exactly the right word. But I consider regular indulging in and of my boyfriend to be vital to my physical and spiritual health.

I want Spring to hurry up so I can show off my shiny new self. And to walk wherever my feet want to take me.

No comments: